Have you been trying Veganuary? Not only does it have health benefits but also good for the pocket too. We love this cauliflower curry recipe – a quick and easy winter warmer whether you are going full-on vegan for the month or fancy a change.
We would love to know what vegan or veggie recipes would be on your menu?
Cauliflower Curry: Serves 4
- Break up 1 large cauliflower into small florets. Finely chop 1 red onion and 1 garlic clove. Remove the seeds from 12 cardamom pods and crush the seeds. Chop some fresh coriander.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large pan. Fry the onion until starting to soften. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 mins. Increase the heat and add 4 dried bird’s eye chillies, the crushed cardamom seeds, 1 tsp ground coriander, 1 tsp ground cumin, 2 tsp fennel seeds, 6 whole cloves, 1¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp cinnamon and the cauliflower florets.
- Fry for 5 mins, stirring frequently, then add 400ml coconut milk and 250ml vegan-friendly hot vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook 300g basmati rice.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, uncover the pan and add 75g mangetout or peas or other veg of your choice that cooks quickly. Cook for a further 4 minutes, mashing some of the cauliflower into the sauce to help it thicken slightly.
- Serve up and if you fancy an extra crunch top with toasted cashew nuts and the chopped coriander.