It’s veganuary – vegan + January! It’s the month of trying something new, packing more fruit and veg onto your plate and reducing your meat intake for a variety of reasons.
Many thanks to Pamela and Anne from Marvellously Meat Free for this recipe. You can tune into their latest podcast with our reporter Carole Ogden here!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 450 gms sweet potatoes – cooked – peel, chop and boil or steam
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 carrot finely grated
- 2 tbspn chutney
- 1 tspn chilli sauce
- Handful of brown breadcrumbs
- 1 egg (optional although does help to keep mixture together)
- 2 tbspn wholemeal four for forming the flatties
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the cooked potatoes well
- Add oil to a pan and cook the onion and carrots until soft, add to mashed potatoes
- Add all other ingredients to this mix except for flour, oil and breadcrumbs
- Use flour to coat hands whilst shaping flatties and roll each flattie in a little breadcrumb
- Shallow fry with oil until bronzed on both sides
Use as a side dish or serve with green beans, baked beans or salad.
Thank you to Marvellously Meat Free for sharing this recipe with us!
Enquiries to: [email protected]