For those of us out walking, it’s the season for wild garlic! I’ve been foraging recently and been putting my harvest to good use making these.
There are a few golden rules for picking wild garlic. These are so easy and very moreish… enjoy!
- 225 g (self-raising) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g butter
- 1 egg
- 100g grated cheese
- 30g wild garlic leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground mustard powder
- ground pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C
- Mix the flour and baking powder together and rub in the butter (it should look like breadcrumbs)
- Stir in ground mustard, salt and pepper, cheese and finely chopped garlic leaves
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and add this to the mixture with the milk
- It should make a soft dough
- Sprinkle your work surface with flour and pat the dough into round scone shapes about 2cm thick
- Place these onto a greased and floured baking tray
- Glaze the tops with milk
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool on a wire rack
Let us know if you try these out!